(5-29-17) – 18 players out of 130 candidates have been named as finalists for the USA Basketball Women’s U16 team in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Carol Callan, USA Basketball Women’s National Team director and chair of the selection committee
“As with every trials in our country, it’s an extremely competitive process. As a committee, we were very pleased with the progression from the very first skills session through the end of the trials. The athletes were engaged, talented and they pushed each other, and the committee to make the right decision. We feel like we were able to find 18 athletes who are versatile, who have every position and type of player covered, that can push the ball, play in the half court and defend in many ways. We have 18 athletes that will make it difficult to get to 12 players, but we feel the team that will be selected will be successful in Argentina.”
The team begins training camp with the final 12-player roster being selected before the team leaves on June 4th for the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championship in Buenos Aires, Argentina and will be played the week of June 7-11.
Nine of the 18 players from 8 different states are on the roster and play for Public High Schools. Five are from the Class of 2019 and four from the Class of 2020.
Class of 2019
- Zia Cooke, G, 2019, Rogers (Toledo, Ohio)
- Diamond Miller, G, 2019, Franklin (Somerset, N.J.)
- Ramani Parker, F/C, 2019, Central (Fresno, Calif.)
- Jordyn Oliver, G, 2019, Prosper (Texas)
- Samantha Brunelle, F, 2019, William Monroe (Ruckersville, Ga.)
Class of 2020
- Kylee Watson, G, 2020, Mainland Regional (Linwood, N.J.)
- Paige Bueckers, G, 2020, Hopkins (Eden Prairie, Minn.)
- Maddie Burke, G, 2020, Central Bucks East (Dolyestown, Pa.)
- Cameron Brink, F, 2020, Southridge (Beaverton, Ore.)
Cameron Brink needs to be placed in the 2020 group, and your breakdown needs to be edited.