— FloFootball (@FloFootball) September 10, 2017
(9-11-17) Interesting week in high school football.
Two of the schools ranked in the SSN National Public HS Rankings from Florida did not play because of Hurricane Irma, Cocoa and Miami Northwestern. With changes taking placing, Cocoa moves up to #3, while Northwestern moves up two spots to #5. No word yet on when the Florida schools will return to action.
The Top 2 schools remain the same, Grayson and DeSoto, both picked up wins this past weekend. Two schools dropped out after losses, Pickerington Central and Kahuku. Central lost to Trotwood-Madison, who has a strong program, 28-19. Kahuku, who played Bingham in Las Vegas lost 17-0. It was the first time since 2008 the Hawaiian powerhouse has been shut-out.
— Polynesian Classic (@PolyFBClassic) September 10, 2017
Thanks to those two teams dropping out, two new schools entered the rankings, #10 Lincoln-Way East and #7 Bingham.
Bingham enters the Top 10 after their win over Kahuku and an earlier win this season over Salt Lake City East.
Bingham Coach John Lambourne told sltrib.com after the win:
“We were stout the entire way. There were not very many mistakes happening out there. I think this is a real good football team that we were able to do that against. Our guys just stuck in there. We pursued really well to the ball. Coach [Karl] Cloward and all the guys that work with him did a great job. Overall, pretty clean game defensively.”
Lincoln-Way East has benefited the past two seasons with the closing of a school in their system Lincoln-Way North in 2016 and several players who now play for the Griffins.
Big plays propelled Sheridan in an instant-classic overtime win over Natrona. https://t.co/QDPacnAajq
— SheridanPress_Sports (@PressSports_WY) September 10, 2017
Wake Forest moves up to the Top 5 to #4 with an impressive win over Leesville Road 42-7. Cartersville, is now #6 after a 38-5 win over Cedartown and their 34th win in a row. Sheridan and Centennial both move up 1 spot to #8 and #9, Sheridan won in OT 37-34 over Natrona County and Centennial, after losing to IMG last week hammered Etiwanda 73-0.
— Daily Tribune Sports (@dailytribsports) September 9, 2017
SSN National Public HS Football Rankings
Week 3 – 9-11-17
- (1)-Grayson (Loganville, Ga.) (3-0) beat John Curtis Chapman 22-9
- (2)-DeSoto (Texas) (2-0) beat Guyer 42-13, up next Midland
- (4)-Cocoa (Florida) (2-0) – Hurricane Irma
- (6)-Wake Forest (N.C.) (4-0) – beat Leesville Road 42-7, up next Southern Nash
- (7)-Miami Northwestern (2-0) – Hurricane Irma
- (8)-Cartersville (Ga) (4-0) beat Westlake 38-5, up next Cedartown
- (NR)-Bingham (UT) (4-0) beat Kahuku (Hawaii) 17-0, up next Pleasant Grove
- (9)-Sheridan (Wyoming) (2-0) beat Natrona County 37-34 OT, up next Thunder Basin
- (10)-Centennial (Corona, California) (2-1) beat Etiwanda 73-0, up next Narbonne
- (NR)-Lincoln-Way East (Ill) (3-0) beat Andrew 42-2, up next Sandburg
- (3)-Pickerington Central (Ohio) (2-1) lost to Trotwood-Madison 28-19
- (5)-Kahuku (Hawaii) (4-1) lost to Bingham (UT) 17-0