(9-25-17) No changes in this week’s SSN National Public HS Football Rankings.
The good news is week that both Cocoa and Miami Northwestern were able to get back on the gridiron after two weeks after Hurricane Irma ripped through Florida. Both won with Cocoa hanging on in OT to beat Viera 24-17 in OT, Northwestern picked up a 14-7 win over Booker T. Washington. Next week the Bulls will take on national power IMG, who beat Miami Central on Friday night.
#1 Grayson hammered International School of Broward 74-0, this week International School of Broward will take on #9 Cocoa.
— LW East Athletics (@LWEastAthletics) September 23, 2017
Lincoln-Way East at #8 knocked off undefeated cross-town rival Lincoln-Way Central 28-14.
The rest of the Top 10 teams who played over the weekend picked up easy wins.
SSN National Public HS Football Rankings – Week 5 – 9-25-17
- (1)-Grayson (Loganville, Ga.) (4-0) – beat International School of Broward 74-0 up next Ramsay (Ala)
- (2)-DeSoto (Texas) (3-0) bye week, up next Cedar Hill
- (3)-Wake Forest (N.C.) (6-0) – beat Franklinton 49-10, up next Knightdale
- (4)-Cartersville (Ga) (5-0) – beat Cedartown 41-7, up next Central
- (5)-Bingham (UT) (6-0) – beat Westlake 56-7, up next Lone Peak
- (6)-Sheridan (Wyoming) (5-0) – beat Walsh 30-7, up next Cheyenne South
- (7)-Centennial (Corona, California) (3-1) – bye week, up next Roosevelt (10-6-17)
- (8)-Lincoln-Way East (Ill) (5-0) – beat Lincoln Way-Central 28-14, up next Homewood-Flossmor
- (9)-Cocoa (Florida) (3-0) – beat Viera 24-17 OT, up next International School of Broward
- (10)-Miami Northwestern (3-0) – beat Booker T. Washington 14-7, up next IMG Academy
On the BUBBLE:
— Erik Elken (@ErikFOX45Now) September 23, 2017
Sidney (Ohio) 5-0 has been impressive this season, including a win over St. Marys who just picked up their 600th program victory this week and are now 4-1 on the season. This week they take on their biggest rival Piqua. Northwestern committ Isaiah Bowser continues to put big numbers up to lead the Yellow Jackets.