— Seattle Times Preps (@seatimespreps) January 13, 2018
(1-15-18) A very quiet week in the SSN National Public HS Boys Basketball Rankings, with one school dropping out and another entering for the first time.
Upson Lee vs Howard
50 straight wins!! pic.twitter.com/OKirPnx1RG
— Bruce Dunaway (@filmitpros) January 13, 2018
#5 Oshkosh North lost in a shoot-out to Kaukauna 94-89, it was their first loss of the season. That moves up South Bend Riley, Warren Central, Denton Guyer, Upson-Lee and Las Cruces all move up one spot in the rankings.
One close call this weekend, when South Bend Riley avoided and upset bid by Mishawaka Marian and holding on to win 64-60 in OT.
Garfield remains at #1, while Shadow Mountain, Rock Canyon and Iowa City West remain at #2, #3 and #4.
Full video highlights & some thoughts in the morning after watching ’19 Hawkeye commit Patrick McCaffery tonight. For now, here are a few dunks during his 23-point performance. pic.twitter.com/G434vaSqkZ
— Rob Howe (@RobHoweHN) January 10, 2018
Joining the Top 10 for the first time is Nebraska’s #1 Class A Lincoln East with a 13-0 record.
SSN National Public HS Boys Basketball Rankings – Week 6 – 1-16-18
- (1) Garfield (Seattle, Wash) (13-0)
- (2) Shadow Mountain (Phoenix, Az) (13-0)
- (3) Rock Canyon (Colo) (13-0)
- (4) Iowa City West (Iowa) (9-0)
- (6) South Bend Riley (Ind) (13-0)
- (7) Warren Central (Ind) (13-0)
- (8) Denton Guyer (Tx) (25-1)
- (9) Upson-Lee (Ga.) (18-0)
- (10) Las Cruces (N.M.) (17-0)
- (NR) Lincoln East (Neb) 13-0
Dropped out –
(5) Oshkosh North (Wis) (13-1) lost to Kaukauna 94-89
- Eventful Day Off The Floor At Flyin’ To The Hoop
- Alzheimer’s Association BIG Winner In Honoring Coach Al Souder