— Eastview Athletics (@EVHSAthletics) March 8, 2018
(3-12-18) It was a tough week for three teams in this week’s SSN National Public HS Girls Basketball Rankings, but good news for three teams who replaced them on the list.
#1 Eastview holds down the top spot for the fourth consecutive week. The Lightning beat Apple Valley to win the Class 4A, Section 3 championship 40-25 and advance to the State quarter-finals at the Target Center on Wednesday as the #1 seed and take on the #8 seed Prior Lake.
Highlights of the @RiverdaleLW winning their third straight state championship against Houston High. @aislynnhayes__ was the leading scorer with 19 points and is the MVP of the State Tournament. #LadyWarriros #BCbball #State pic.twitter.com/DLrKKbsfBz
— David janes (@David_Janes20) March 10, 2018
#2 Riverdale (last year’s SSN National Champion) picked up their third straight Tennessee Class AAA championship with a 77-50 win over Houston.
#3 North Allegheny beat Upper St. Clair 46-21 in the PIAA Class 6A first round to advance in tournament play.
No change at #4 as Central Valley ended their season last week with a state championship.
RECAP: Strafford’s dominant run continued with a 41-point state championship win. It was the 82nd consecutive win for the Lady Indians & coach Steve Frank’s 500th of his career – https://t.co/ypMtpB5kQl
— Ozarks Sports Zone (@OzarksOzone) March 11, 2018
#5 Strafford ended their season with another Missouri Class 3 Championship and extending their winning streak to 82 games in a 77-36 win over California.
Even though their season has ended in a State title, Winter Haven moves up three spots to #6, thanks to three teams above them dropping out.
Moving up three spots is Princess Anne who won their 5th straight Virginia state championship beating Thomas Edison 61-45 and allowing them to move up from #10 to #7.
This week with the shake-ups three new teams enter the SSN Top 10, #8 Northwest Guilford re-enters the rankings after winning their 2nd consecutive state title handing last week’s #8 team Southeast Raleigh their first loss of the season 44-36.
— Nick Krupke (@NickKrupke) March 11, 2018
Entering the Top 10 for the first time is #9 Southridge, who last week won the Oregon 6A State Championship easily beating Benson Tech 46-27.
The last new team to enter the this week’s rankings is Baldwin Senior at #10, they won the Long Island Championship over Commack 78-48 and now move on the New York State tournament.
SSN National Public HS Girls Basketball Rankings- 3-12-18- Week 14
- (1) Eastview (Apple Valley, Minn) (29-0)
- (2) Riverdale (Murfreesboro, Tenn.) (36-1) – Season complete – State Champion
- (3) North Allegheny (Wexford, Pa.) (26-0)
- (4) Central Valley (Wash) (27-0) Season complete – State Champion
- (5) Strafford (Mo) (33-0) Season complete – State Champion
- (9) Winter Haven (Fla) (32-1) Season complete – State Champion
- (10) Princess Anne (Va) (26-1) Season complete – State Champion
- (NR) Northwest Guilford (Nc) (29-2) Season complete – State Champion
- (NR) Southridge (Beaverton, Ore) (28-1) Season complete – State Champion
- (NR) Baldwin Senior (NY) (23-1)
- (6) Olathe East (Kan) (24-1) lost to Derby 50-35 in the 6A State Title Game
- (7) New London (Ct) (25-1) lost to Enfield 69-61 Class LL quarterfinals
- (8) Southeast Raleigh (NC) (30-0) lost to Northwest Guilford (29-2) 44-36 in State