(6-24-18) Last year at the Maria Stein Country Fest Quarterback Challenge Ft. Recovery Freshman Clay Schmitz finished 12th, this year as Sophomore he picked up the title over 16 other quarterbacks from around the area.
Schmitz, who took over mid-season as the Indians #1 QB is building on that experience.
The competition, which began in 2012, tests quarterbacks with five rounds of competition including stationary targets, moving targets and a distance throw.
Maria Stein Country Fest Quarterback Challenge
1. Clay Schmitz, Fort Recovery: 665
2. Kyle Muhlenkamp, Marion Local: 655
3. Austin Bruner, Tri-Village: 637
4. Nevan Stolly, Lima Central Catholic: 622
5. Carter Ballweg, St. Marys: 584
6. Jake Hemmelgarn, Coldwater: 579
7. Cade Schmelzer, Covington: 575
8. Nolan Bornhorst, New Bremen: 561
9. Kurt Bubp, St. Marys: 540
10. Layne Sarver, Tri-Village: 524
11. Johnny Caprella, Lima Shawnee: 522
12. Nate Bruns, Marion Local: 521
13. Matt Bertke, St. Henry: 492
14. Nathan Stolly, Lima Central Catholic: 489
15. Braeden Dunlap, St. Marys: 453
16. Max Link, Marion Local: 411
17. Brady Klingshirn, Coldwater: 383
If you would like to watch the replay of the event it will be on Sunday night at 8pm at www.wosn.tv/live.
Did you know….
- in 2012 Versailles’ Nick Campbell won the inaugural competition
- the last two years (2016 & 2017) Coldwater’s Sam Broering was the winner