(3-22-22) The Illinois High School Association (IHSA) is seeking a host for its Football State Finals for the 5-year period from 2023-24 through 2027-28 . The deadline for submission is September 2, 2022. The bid specifications are available here.
Questions regarding proposals or proposal specifications must be directed to Craig Anderson at the IHSA Office.
Proposals should be sent to the attention of Craig Anderson, Executive Director, IHSA, 2715 McGraw Dr., Bloomington, IL 61704.
So who will bid and who will win to host the next IHSA State Football Playoffs. The most recent arrangements found the University of Illinois Memorial Field (seating capacity 76,000) and Northern Illinois’ Huskie Stadium (seating 30,998) on an every other year arrangement.
In the past Illinois State’s Hancock Stadium (seating 15,000) hosted the championships.
Highlights to bid on hosting –
- Minimum Seating Requirements: 12,000 seats
- Competition Area: Artificial Turf Field with dimensions of 360 by 160 feet, High School Goal Post
- Term and Form of Contract: Each proposal must be for a 5-year term.
- Parking: The following minimum numbers of parking spaces must be available on a complimentary basis for IHSA use: 100.
- Hotel Accommodations: The following minimum numbers of hotel/motel rooms must be available
- IHSA Accommodations: 100 rooms. These rooms will be used to accommodate participating schools/athletes, media, IHSA workers and VIPs.
With the bids not due until September it will be a time of anticipation for the IHSA, football coaches and fans.