Carmel – South Bend Riley
Carmel advances in 4A to play for their 4th State Title. (’77,’12, ’13) A 63-43 win over undefeated SB Riley. @JM_Mulloy44 led @CARMEL_BBALL with 18pts/15rebs. The Hounds get @WarriorNation_1 – Dub C beat Carmel at the buzzer on Feb 16th and @lukeheady11 is ready for the rematch. pic.twitter.com/6DiWA3SYUh
— Brett Bensley (@brettbensley) March 18, 2018
(3-19-18) -In the final week of the SSN National Public HS Boys Basketball Rankings we end the season with a new #1 team and losing four teams in the Top10 after all of them lost state tournament games.
Upson-Lee who finished their season last week, after winning a Georgia state title, moved up into the #1 spot in the final week and with Riley’s loss is the 2017-18 SSN National Champion.
Last week’s #1 South Bend Riley was ambushed in the IHSAA semi-state game by Carmel 63-43, the loss dropped them out of the Top 10. With the win, despite seven losses, Carmel moves into the Top 10 at #10.
Also joining the Top 10 this week, include Belleville West who won the IHSA 4A state title knocking off Whitney Young in OT. Young earlier in the week beat Simeon (#6 last week) in the super-sectional and that knocked the Wolverines out of the Top 10.
Memphis East rejoins the Top 10 at #8 after winning their third consecutive Tennessee state title this weekend. A win that could see Penny Hardaway moving from East to Coach Memphis, who lost their Coach recently.
Solon enters the OHSAA D I Final Four as the #1 team ranked in Ohio and #9 in the SSN rankings.
Also dropping out this week is Scott County (#9 last week) who lost on Sunday in the KHSAA state final game to Covington Catholic 73-55.
Hopkins, #10 last week, lost to Wayzata in an MHSL tournament game 63-61.
— Champions Network (@IHSAAtv) March 17, 2018
Warren Central moved up two spots after winning their state semi-state game over Romeo Langford and New Albany on a buzzer shot. Warren Central and #10 Carmel will play for a state title next weekend.
SSN National Public HS Boys Basketball Rankings – FINAL – 3-19-18
- (2) Upson-Lee (Ga.) (31-0) – Season Complete – State Champion
- (3) Clarkston (Mich) (23-1) –
- (4) Shadow Mountain (Phoenix, Az)(25-1) – Season Complete – State Champion
- (5) Olympus (Utah) (27-0) – Season Complete – State Champion
- (7) Rayville (Rayville, La.) (35-0) Season Complete – State Champion
- (8) Warren Central (Ind) (31-0)
- (NR) Belleville West (Ill) (32-2) Season Complete – State Champion
- (NR) Memphis East (Tn) (28-3) Season Complete – State Champion
- (NR) Solon (Oh) (25-1)
- (NR) Carmel (Ind) (21-7)
Dropped out –
(1) South Bend Riley (Ind) (26-0) lost to Carmel in Semi-State 63-43
(6) Simeon (Illinois) (29-3) lost to Whitney Young 71-67 OT in Super Sectional
(9) Scott County (Ky) (34-2) lost to Covington Catholic in State Final 73-55
(10) Hopkins (Minn) (26-2) loses to Wayzata 63-61
— Joe Spears (@joe_spears7) March 17, 2018