(2-1-20) Today at the Jay County High School Natatorium the (unofficial) Midwest Athletic Conference meet hosted by Coldwater was held.
With bowling the latest addition to MAC sports, swimming is still not considered a conference sport, due to how many schools compete in the sport.
The girls meet had seven teams competing and the boys had six.
In the girls meet New Bremen picked up the title beating 2nd place Coldwater 153-114. Ft. Recovery was 3rd with a 103 points.
GIRLS Place Points New Bremen 1st 153 Coldwater 2nd 114 Fort Recovery 3rd 103 Versailles 4th 79 Minster 5th 38 Marion Local 6th 32 Saint Henry 7th 12
- Ava Bubp 2nd in the 200 Free and 500 Free
- Paige Fortkamp 2nd in the 50 Free and 3rd in 100 Free
- Kyra Clark 3rd in 100 Back
Autumn Burk 3rd 100 Fly
- 200 Medley Relay (Clark, Audra Bubp, Burk, Fortkamp)
- 400 Free Relays (Ava Bubp, Rachel Acheson, Clark, Shelby Stammen) both 3rd
School Records were broken in the-
- 200 Medley Relay
- 200 Freestyle Relay
- Heidi Bruns in the 100 Breaststroke
- Macy May in the 200 medley relay
- Macy May broke the meet record in the 100 butterfly.
In the boys meet Versailles beat 2nd place Minster 158-125
BOYS Place Points Versailles 1st 158 Minster 2nd 125 Fort Recovery 3rd 66 Marion Local 4th 58 New Bremen 5th 51 Coldwater 6th 20
Boys Highlights –
- Isaac LeFevre 1st Diving
- Alex Hiser 2nd Diving
- 200 Medley Relay (Michael Braun, Isaac Knapke, Aidan Sheridan, Josh Gonzalez) 2nd
- Josh Gonzalez 5th in both 50 free and 100 free