COLUMBUS, Ohio (3-7-21) – One year ago this Friday (March 12), the COVID-19 pandemic forced the suspension – and eventual cancellation – of the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) girls basketball state tournament. This year there will be four champions crowned.
Only one undefeated team will be among the 16 state finalist, DI Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame at 26-0. To add to that they will play Toledo Notre Dame Academy in the semifinal game.
Dayton Carroll, Napoleon, Ft. Loramie, Newark , Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame,Toledo Notre Dame Academy and Berlin Hiland, all of who qualified for state last year… but didn’t get to play due to the pandemic are back in 2021.
No Midwest Athletic Conference teams will be playing for a state title this year.
State Tournament Information and Brackets:https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments/Basketball-Girls/Girls-Basketball-2020-21/2021-Girls-Basketball-State-Tournament
All games at University of Dayton Arena
Home Team Listed First
- Convoy Crestview (23-3) vs. Fort Loramie (27-1), Thursday, 11 a.m.
- Waterford (20-6) vs. McDonald (23-2), Thursday, 2 p.m.
- State Final – Saturday, 10:45 a.m.
- Ottawa-Glandorf (25-2) vs. Apple Creek Waynedale (25-1), Thursday, 5 p.m.
- Cincinnati Purcell Marian (21-3) vs. Berlin Hiland (26-1), Thursday, 8 p.m.
- State Final – Saturday, 2 p.m.
- Dayton Carroll (20-4) vs. Napoleon (24-1), Friday, 11 a.m.
- McArthur Vinton County (25-1) vs. Shaker Heights Laurel (20-4), Friday, 2 p.m.
- State Final – Saturday, 5 p.m.
- Akron Archbishop Hoban (20-3) vs. Newark (26-1), Friday, 5 p.m.
- Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame (26-0) vs. Toledo Notre Dame Academy (16-1), Friday, 8 p.m.
- State Final – Saturday, 8:30 p.m.
2021 Girls Basketball State Tournament
TICKETING: In conjunction with policies set by the University of Dayton and Dayton-Montgomery County Public Health, the OHSAA will make at least 650 tickets available to the fans of each school for their team’s semifinal game in the state tournament. The Athletic Director of each school will distribute the purchase codes for the school’s ticket allotment. Purchase codes are only available through the Athletic Directors of the participating schools or the OHSAA.
Ticket allotments for the championship games will also be 650 per school. Tickets for the Division IV and III state semifinals will go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday. Tickets for the Division II and I state semifinals will go on sale at 10 a.m. Tuesday.