(3-20-21) This afternoon Luke Brown of Blackford finished his high school career with 3,011 career points and places him in 4th place in the all-time scoring leaders in Indiana history. Brown is only the 5th player to cross the 3,000 point barrier.. He joins a select group of ‘Hoosier’ basketball stars.
Bailey, Pierce and Thomas
- Damon Bailey, Bedford North Lawrence, 1990. 3,134.
- Marion Pierce, Lewisville, 1961. 3,019.
- Deshaun Thomas, Fort Wayne Bishop Luers, 2010. 3,018
- Luke Brown, Blackford, 2021, 3,011
- Romeo Langford, New Albany, 2018. 3,002.
Brown and Langford
Today, in a 2A State Semifinal loss to Blackhawk Christian, he scored 34 points to pass New Albany’s Romeo Langford who ended his career with 3,002 points
Looking back on his career…his 2020 postseason was cancelled due to the pandemic…plus he missed 8 games his freshman year due to an injury.
Brown will take his game to sunny Florida next season toplay for DI Stetson.
- The Old Man and The (Blackford) Team – We Grow Basketball Here (Indiana)
- Blackford’s ‘Dream Season’ Looks To Continue, Good News On Brown’s Injury
With the end of Brown’s career a special time in the Bruins basketball program ends just one game away from a trip to the 2A State title game. What a turn around for a team that was 1-44 the two years before Brown, a home schooled student, stepped on the floor.