Courtesy Ohio State Athletic Department–
(11-10-21) Ohio State head coach Greg Beals has announced his 2022 signing class, which features nine players. The class has five pitchers, a couple of catchers and two infielders and an outfielder.
“This is a group of high character young men that will be great additions to the ‘Brotherhood’ of Ohio State Baseball. On the field this is a talented and balanced group, bringing athleticism, depth and strength to our program.”
The nine-player class includes Landon Beidelschies, Nate Earley, Matthew Graveline, Andrew Jones, Keaton Mahan, Cole Pauley, Landon Price, Andrews Suarez and Josh Timmerman.
“Putting a group of prospects like this together requires the tireless work of our entire staff and department. I greatly appreciate the support and contributions made by Shaun Swearingen our Academic Coach, Dean Hansen our Strength Coach, Adrian Ramon our Athletic Trainer, the staff in our Eugene Smith Leadership Institute and the baseball staff including Matt Angle our recruiting coordinator, Dan DeLucia, Brad Goldberg, and Blair Everhart.”
Middle Point, Ohio
- Plays for Eric Fishpaw at Lincolnview
- Division IV Player of the Year by Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Association
- Led Lincolnview to a state runner-up finish in 2021
- Logged 80.2 innings pitched with 162 K’s, 9BB and a 0.17 ERA
- NW Ohio District DIV Player of the Year
- Three-time All-Northwest Conference Player of the Year
- Played summer ball for Bo Jackson Elite
- Member of the National Honor Society
Chose Ohio State because: I chose Ohio State because I’ve been a Buckeye my whole life. Wearing the Scarlet and Gray will be an absolute honor. The facilities and coaching staff are unmatched and I can’t wait to get on campus.
Beals on Price:
“Landon can flat out pitch. A lefty who really competes with a three-pitch mix to go along with a sneaky fastball.”