(4-11-22) People who fought to save the Dugger Union schools are today celebrating word that the Bulldogs will be a part of the Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA). That means starting in the fall (2022-23 school year)they will be eligible (pending on Executive committee approval) to compete once again in IHSAA tournaments as a full member.
Dugger Union avoided closure of the high school several years ago, but thanks to some hard working loyal community members they fought a tough fight and survived. It is an amazing story…it sure could be a movie about what a small Indiana community did to keep their dreams alive.
- Dugger Union, 2000 State Tournament Run…A Year To Remember
- Dugger Union “We are planning on joining the IHSAA again”
- Dugger Union High School
- Dugger Union, A Trip To The ‘Hoosier Gym’, Where The Past Meets The Present
- Kyndall Foli – ‘I love everything about the game’
- Consolidation will wipe out Dugger’s Union H.S.
Also Evansville Christian is eligible in the fall to participate in IHSAA events, while MTI School of Knowledge and Purdue Polytechnicwill follow in the next school year.
Thank you for sharing our story of DUCS 💛🖤it truly is an amazing story of hard work, dedication and love for our community! We started out with 212 students and have grown to 544 students! Come visit the school!
LikeLiked by 1 person