Sept. 1, 2022 – In 1977, McDonald’s selected the best high school basketball players in the country and named them to the first McDonald’s All American Team. Since then, 1,584 high school athletes have proudly worn the iconic jersey and we’ll continue that legacy by opening the call for nominations.
Beginning today, we will officially begin the process of identifying the top 24 girls and 24 boys that will be named to the 2023 McDonald’s All American Games final roster.
As a reminder, the following individuals are eligible to nominate players:
- High School Principal
- High School Athletic Director
- High School Coach
- Member of the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee
Nomination criteria include:
- Player’s accomplishments on the hardwood.
- High school career: All evaluations and nominations are based on the individual player’s fundamental skill level and athleticism.
- Player’s Accolades
- Has played in 50% of their senior year season.
- Attends and participates in a high school program that has ONE eligible varsity team and is a member of a high school athletic conference or league.
- All nominees must be eligible to participate under the rules of the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) or other comparable organizations.
- A nominee is eligible to be a McDonald’s All American if he or she is deemed eligible to participate under their high school and governing league policies.
- Each nominee must be a high school senior.
- Nominees cannot have their 19th birthday before September 1st of their senior year.
- Nominees must be academically eligible to participate with their high school team based on their school and league requirements.
- Nominees cannot hold a professional status as a basketball player or receive payment/inducements for participation in basketball games/events.
- Nominees must live in The United States and attend a United States High School.
- Players who have been convicted of a felony are not permitted.
- Players who have been charged with a felony with a case pending are not permitted.
- Players who have a history of “getting in trouble” with either the law (i.e. misdemeanor), at school, during extracurricular activities, and/or at home may be excluded pending feedback from their principal, athletic director, coach, league officials, and/or community leaders.
- The Selection Committee will review on a case-by-case basis.
Each student-athlete who is nominated and in good academic standing will receive a certificate from McDonald’s acknowledging their nomination for the 2023 McDonald’s All American Games.
To assist you with the process, an online nomination form is available for those who are authorized to nominate players. The link to the nomination form is:
Login Code: 23$MCDAAG@