Regional Champions and Undefeated Shawnee Wolves pic.twitter.com/DM5dc5c2GC
— Shawnee Baseball (@shawneewolvesbb) May 4, 2017
(5-7-17) Shawnee has now won 49 straight games, 37-0 this season, and will try and pick up a third straight Oklahoma State championship this week. The Wolves look to be hard to knock off in the final week of the tournament, the most solid ‘team’ in the US from top to bottom.
Making the biggest jump in the rankings this week is La Cueva, from #6 to 3#, who won four games this past week and only gave up one run in the process.
— Jake Martin (@JakeMartinOC) May 6, 2017
One new team cracked the rankings this week for the first time is West Monroe (home of Duck Dynasty). The Rebels haves been playing well as the season winds down and are headed to the Louisiana State Championships and land at #8 this week.
Massillon Jackson represents teams from the North and moves from #10 to #7 and picks up their 4th Federal League title.
Spring Hill fell again this week to #9 from #4 after a 9-1 loss to Independence.
Decatur, who had been a main-stay in the rankings this year drops out this week after finishing the season with two straight losses to Cullman in an Alabama Class 6A baseball quarterfinal playoff series.
SSN National Public High School Baseball Rankings
- – (1) Shawnee (Okla), 37-0
- – (2) North Gwinnett (Suwanee, Ga.), 32-2
- – (6) La Cueva (NM), 25-1 – 4 wins this week, gave up just 1 run
- – (5) Buchanan (Clovis, Calif), 25-2
- – (3) Huntington Beach (Calif), 24-3
- – (7) Owasso (Okla), 29-2
- – (10) Massillon Jackson (Ohio), 20-1
- – (NR) West Monroe, (La), 37-2
- – (4) Spring Hill (Tenn), 31-2 – lost to Independence 9-1
- – (8) Rancho Bernardo (San Diego, Calif), 24-3 – went 2-1, lost to Westview 2-1
Dropped Out— – (9) Decatur (Alabama) 32-5 lost twice to Cullman 4-1 and 2-1 in a Class 6A baseball quarterfinal playoff series
— Jackson Baseball (@JHSbaseball2014) May 4, 2017