FIFTY WINS – Soldotna Stars Football blanks West Anchorage High School 21-0 🏈🏈 Aaron Faletoi with 2 TDs as the Stars streak extends to 50 pic.twitter.com/PlUUV0sZcI
— Kari Bustamante (@karibusta) August 12, 2017
(8-12-17) Week One finds the Soldotna (Ak) Stars adding to their win streak by picking up #50 with 21-0 over West Anchorage on a rainy night. West is the defending big school state runner-up in Alaska, an impressive first game match-up for both team.
Leading the way for the Stars was sophomore Aaron Faletoi (5-foot-10, 225-lb), who rushed 16 times for 124 yards and two fourth-quarter touchdowns, on defense he added a sack and a fumble recovery.
The Stars will go for win #51 in a row when they play Dimond next Friday.
Next week in their opener, Kimberly (Wisconsin), who leads the country with 56 wins in a row will take on Fond du Lac on the road.
The Papermakers game last season against Fond du Lac ended up in a playoff game win 32-29, on a late Danny Vanden Boom touchdown pass. The Cardinals will have some incentive to end the streak in a key opener for both teams.
Senior running back D.J. Stewart told WLUK TV:
“Every single year coming in, we say, this team we didn’t do anything,. Last year’s team, they did something, but we’re a completely new team. We got to come out here, we got to prove ourselves and do something with a new set of guys.”
You Tube Video from radioplus info – Fond du Lac vs Kimberly(11-4-2016)
The remaining schools on the win streak list, three will start on the weekend of August 25th and the other two during the August 31st weekend.
1. Kimberly (Wis.) — 56. Opens season at Fond du Lac (Wis.) Aug. 18.
2. Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) — 54. Opens season vs. DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.) Aug. 25
3. Soldotna (Alaska) — 50. WIN – Soldonta 21 West Anchorage 0 Aug. 11., up next vs. Dimond
4. Bishop Guilfoyle (Altoona, Pa.) — 47. Opens season vs. Bedford (Pa.) Aug. 26.
tie. Bremond (Texas) — 47. Opens vs. Whitewright (Texas) Aug. 31.
6. Pella (Iowa) — 41. Opens at Oskaloosa (Iowa) Aug. 25.
7. Wagoner (Okla.) — 37. Opens at Coweta (Okla.) Sept. 1.
***courtesy USA Today High School
- Soldotna shuts out West for 50th straight football win
- Best Kept Secret In Alaska, Soldotna Shooting ‘Stars’ For Win #50 In A Row
- ‘This year’s’ Kimberly football team hasn’t done anything, yet