Game ending FG helps Whitmer stay in the Top 10
— #BCSNnation (@BCSNsports) November 4, 2017
(11-5-17) For the fourth week in a row 11-0 Wake Forest has been the #1 ranked school in the the SSN National Public HS Football Rankings.
— Derek Rowles (@DerekRowles) November 3, 2017
The Cougars also celebrated the college choice of Devon Lawrence for staying home and picking North Carolina.
— Bridget Condon (@BridgetABC11) November 4, 2017
Cartersville and QB Trevor Lawrence remain in the #2 spot after beating Troup County 52-13, it was the Hurricanes 6th Region Championship in a row. Bingham and Sheridan remain in the 3 and 4 spots, Duncanville moves up from #7 to #5, followed by Centennial in 6th and Archer in 7th.
Only one of the Top 10 teams drop out, Cocoa lost to Rockledge 20-17 to go to 8-1.
Giants Win! Ben Davis 36 – Warren Central 29! Another great battle in the rivalry! On to FISHERS for the regional! pic.twitter.com/9dxtNaHug5
— Ben Davis Football (@BenDavisFB) November 4, 2017
Off the bubble is Ben Davis who won a key Indiana HS playoff game over Warren Central 36-29.
Lincoln-Way East and Toledo Whitmer both survived scares in playoff games on Friday. The two teams depended on the legs of their kickers to kick game winning field goals, both came with less than a minute to play. Whitmer stays at #10 and Lincoln-Way West dropped four spots to #9.
— Jerry O’Brien (@JeraldOBrien1) November 4, 2017
New ‘On the Bubble’ team is Mission Viejo, who beat San Clemente 49-21 and are now 10-0 on the season. Mission Viejo head coach Bob Johnson coached his final regular season game, ending a 35-year career, including 17 league titles.
— FOX Sports West (@FoxSportsWest) November 4, 2017
SSN National Public HS Football Rankings
Week 11 – 11-5-17
- (1)-Wake Forest (N.C.) (11-0) – beat Heritage 38-14, up next
- (2)-Cartersville (Ga) (10-0) – Troup County 52-13, up next Blessed Trinity (11-17-17)
- (3)-Bingham (UT) (11-0) – beat Syracuse 37-7, up next Herriman
- (4)-Sheridan (Wyoming) (11-0) – beat Walsh 28-7 (playoffs), up next Natrona County (playoffs)
- (7)-Duncanville (Tx) (9-0) beat MacArthur 56-0
- (8)-Centennial (Corona, California) (8-1) – beat King 62-0, up next
- (9)-Archer (Lawrenceville, Ga) (10-0) beat Shiloh 49-0, up next Meadowcreek
- (NR)-Ben Davis (Indianapolis, Ind) (11-0) beat Lawrence Central 36-29 (playoffs), up next Fishers (playoffs)
- (5)-Lincoln-Way East (Ill) (11-0) – beat St. Charles East 15-14 (playoffs), up next (playoffs)
- (10)-Toledo Whitmer (Ohio) (11-0) beat Lorain 31-28 (playoffs), up next Olentangy (playoffs)
(6)-Cocoa (Florida) (8-1) – lost to Rockledge 20-17
On the Bubble
Mission Viejo (Calif) (10-0) – beat San Clemente 49-21
- National High School Football Longest Current Consecutive Winning Streaks
- National HS Football Longest Losing Streaks