(2-7-18) Carmel is the 31-time (out of 43 total championships) IHSAA girls swimming defending state champion, the longest active string of state championships in the country in any sport or gender. The Greyhounds will look to add #32 this weekend (February 9th-10th) in Indianapolis at the IUPUI Natatorium.
This year’s sectional win for Carmel was their 34th consecutive title, 36 total championships..
Carmel is loaded again this year, they have four of the top seeds entering State meet led by Kelly Pash (Junior) who is #1 in both the 100 and 200 yard freestyle events. They have participants who represent 15 total state championships during their career.
Representing the Stateline area this weekend –
- Erica Hathaway – 500 freestyle
- Alex Bader – 50 freestyle, 100 breaststroke, 200 yard freestyle relay and 200 yard medley relay
- Eliza Bader – 100 butterfly, 200 yard medley relay and 200 yard freestyle relay
- Ashlyn Dow – 200 yard medley relay and 200 yard freestyle relay
- Vivienne Kunkler – 200 yard freestyle relay and 200 yard freestyle relay
- Elizabeth McDowell- 200 yard medley relay
One South Adams swimmer is headed to Indianapolis, Ashley LeFever who picked up the 100 yard freestyle win.
- Ashley LeFever – 100 yard freestyle
- February 9-10, 2018
- Indiana University Natatorium, IUPUI, Indianapolis
- Friday Prelims, 6 pm ET
- Saturday Diving Prelims & Semis, 9 am ET
- Saturday Consolations & Finals, 1 pm ET