COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio Mr. Football Award was announced Thursday by the Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association.
Kiner was named first team All-Ohio twice, second team All-Ohio once and first team All-Southwest District four times.
In 43 games, Kiner ran for more than 200 yards 18 times, including four contests of 300-plus yards. He finishes his career with 7,130 yards rushing, 10th most in Ohio history.
His 116 rushing touchdowns, 125 total touchdowns and 772 points scored are the third highest totals in the OHSAA record books.
Eight finalists for the award included –
Owen Treece and Beau Brungard
- Mason Sullivan, Kirtland, 6-0/206, RB, Senior
- Ian Kipp, Mentor, 6-2/215, QB, Sr.
- Owen Treece, Van Wert, 5-11/190, QB, Sr.
- Reid Carrico, Ironton, 6-3/235, RB/LB, Sr
- Lorenzo Styles Jr., Pickerington Central, 6-1/190, WR/DB, Sr.
- Peter Pedrozo, Westerville South, 5-11/180, QB, Sr
- Beau Brungard, New Middletown Springfield, 6-0/197. QB, Jr
- Davis Singleton, Byesville Meadowbrook, 6-3/200, QB, Sr.
Seven of the eight finalist were Seniors, Beau Brungard (New Middletown Springfield) was the only Junior in the running.