-Sept. 15, 2021 The 2022 McDonald’s All American Games is back and will return to Chicago this March to celebrate its 45th anniversary. In 1977, McDonald’s selected the best high school basketball players in the country and named them to the first McDonald’s All American Team. Since then, 1,536 high school athletes have proudly worn the iconic jersey and we’ll continue that legacy by opening the call for nominations. Beginning today, we will officially begin the process of identifying the top 24 girls and 24 boys that will be named to the 2022 McDonald’s All American Games final roster. As a reminder, the following individuals are eligible to nominate players:
- High School Principal
- High School Athletic Director
- High School Coach
- Member of the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee
Nomination criteria includes: Scholastic Achievement
- All nominees have to be eligible to participate under the rules of the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) or other comparable organizations.
- A nominee is eligible to be a McDonald’s All American as long as he or she is deemed eligible to participate under their high school and governing league policies.
- Each nominee must be a high school senior.
- Nominees cannot have repeated a grade once they have entered the 9th grade.
- Nominees cannot have their 19th birthday before September 1st of senior year.
- Each nominee may only have participated in eight semesters of high school athletics.
- The player must be academically eligible to participate with their high school team based on their school and league requirements.
- Players who have been convicted of a felony are not permitted.
- Players who have been charged with a felony with a case pending are not permitted.
- Players who have a history of “getting in trouble” with either the law (i.e. misdemeanor), at school, during extracurricular activities, and/or at home may be excluded pending feedback from their principal, athletic director, coach, league officials, and/or community leaders.
- The Selection Committee will review on a case-by-case basis.
Each student-athlete who is nominated and in good academic standing will receive a certificate from McDonald’s acknowledging their nomination for the 2022 McDonald’s All American Games. This certificate will be sent directly to the high school. To assist you with the process, an online nomination form is available for those who are authorized to nominate players. The link to the nomination form is:
Click Here To Nominate Your Senior Login Code: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for code
******Please note that if a candidate is nominated by someone other than an eligible nominator their nomination will be discarded. Make sure to include accurate and updated contact information for the school administration. If we cannot confirm eligibility the nomination will be discarded.
******The nomination period will close on Dec. 1, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST. In order to be considered for the 2022 McDonald’s All American Games, a candidate must have their nomination submitted by this date.
Finally, as you may know, the primary goal of the McDonald’s All American Games is to support Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®). Since their inception, the Games have benefitted RMHC through its network of local Chapters. At RMHC, programs like the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room provide comfort and compassion to families with sick children so they are fully supported and able to be a part of their children’s care. For more information about the McDonald’s All American Games, please visit mcdaag.com or follow @McDAAG on Twitter and Instagram. Thank you for your continued support of the McDonald’s All American Games. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.