— NCHSAA (@NCHSAA) March 4, 2017
(3-7-17) As the season winds down to the final weeks and state tournaments are crowning champions, we see several ranked schools lose and drop-out of the rankings.
Riverdale is close to wrapping up the first SSN Girls Basketball National Public High School title as they continue to roll in the Tennessee state championships, the top Top 5 remains the same this week, Centennial, Monacan, Grandview and Clovis West.
Three schools lost games last week, Central Valley, Edwardsville and Timberview and all dropped out of the rankings.
Two schools ranked this week picked up state title trophies, Duncanville won the Texas 6A Championship, Destrehan won the Louisiana 5A state championship.
One new school entered the rankings for the first time this season, Northwest Guilford who is #12 this week. The Vikings upset #1 and undefeated Mallard Creek to win the North Carolina 4A State semifinal game 59-58. 6’4 Sophomore Center Elizabeth Kitley had 17 points, 12 rebounds and two steals to lead the Vikings. They will play for the State title this coming Saturday when they play Southeast Raleigh who is 32-0 on the season.
SSN National Girls HS Basketball Public School Rankings
- -Riverdale (31-0) Murfreesboro, TN
- -Centennial (31-2) Las Vegas, NV
- -Monacan (29-0) Richmond, VA
- -Grandview (25-1) Aurora, CO
- -Clovis West (30-2) Fresno, CA
- -Hopkins (28-0) Minnetonka, MN
- -Homestead (27-2) (Indiana)
- -Byron (32-2) Illinois
- -Milwaukee Rufus King (25-0) (Wisconsin)
- -Destrehan (35-0) (Louisiana)
- -Mesquite (31-1) Gilbert, AZ
- -Northwest Guilford (29-2) Greensboro, NC
- -Duncanville (39-2) Duncanville, TX
- -Norcross (27-2) Norcross, GA
- -Long Beach Polytechnic (26-3) Long Beach, CA