(10-12-17) Ohio State will hold their annual Scarlet and Gray World Series starting Friday. The five-game series will see Celina’s Seth Lonsway (LHP) take the mound on Tuesday for the Scarlet and match-up with the Gray’s Jack Vance (RHP, Sophomore).
Vance last season went 0-3 with a 6.58 ERA with five starts in 10 appearances. Lonsway, who was the co-D II Player of the year at Celina last season, Buckeye fans will get their first chance to watch the 6’2 lefty Freshman in action. After being drafted by the Reds, Lonsway made the decision to go to Ohio State.
— PressProsMagazine (@PressProsMag) September 21, 2017
Minster’s Adam Niemeyer (6’3 RHP, RS-Senior) is scheduled to start both Saturday games (game 2 and 5) for the Gray team. Niemeyer was a Buckeye Captain in 2017 and went 2-4 with a 4.67 ERA in five starts in 34.2 innings pitched and had one save.
- Since 1998, Scarlet leads the series, 12-7.
- Gray has the edge in the last five meetings with a 4-2 record vs. Scarlet.
- Everhart is 1-2 as coach for the Scarlet team, while Angle is 2-0 at the helm of the Gray squad.
- Last year, Gray won the series with three straight wins in game Nos. 2-4.
- Saturday: RHP Yianni Pavlopoulos (Scarlet) vs. RHP Adami Niemeyer (Gray)
- Tuesday: RHP Jake Vance (Gray) vs. LHP Seth Lonsway (Scarlet)
- Saturday: RHP Adam Niemeyer (Gray) vs. RHP Yianni Pavlopoulos (Scarlet)
Game 1: Friday, Oct. 13 – 6 p.m.
Game 2: Saturday, Oct. 14 – 2 p.m.
Game 3: Tuesday, Oct. 17 – 6 p.m.
Game 4: Friday, Oct. 20 – 6 p.m.
Game 5: Saturday, Oct. 21 – 2 p.m.