(8-10-20) The Union City Athletic Department is continuing to work through the guidelines for spectator attendance at Athletic Events via the guidelines from the IHSAA, State and County Health Departments, that was released this past week, we wanted to give you an update on some new policies/procedures that would occur at home athletic events. As always, this is ever-changing and will be added to and amended once we have a finalized plan, so please be patient.
Some information we would like to relay at this time:
- Until August 15th, fans will not be allowed in attendance at athletic contests. The Volleyball scrimmage on Thursday 8/13/20 here at Union City will occur without fans in the stands. On August 14th, our Varsity Football team travels to Southern Wells for their scrimmage. Fans will not be allowed to be at that event as well.
- Due to the fluidity of this situation, Sports Passes will NOT be offered for purchase during the 2020-2021 athletic seasons. Due to needing a count at all events Gold Cards are temporary suspended at this time.
- We will be offering a 10 game and a 20 game Punch Pass this fall. The passes will be offered in a digital format or a hard plastic pass will be issued so it can be scanned. These passes will not be good for any Varsity football games or Cross Country Invites but will be good for all other events in the fall and most events in the winter season. If and when the County Health Department allows us to increase the number of fans we are allowed to host, these passes will be able to be used at all events. These passes have no expiration date. Passes are not valid for tournaments or invites.
- Tri-Athletes from last year will be awarded a free 20 game punch pass which will have the same stipulations as in #3 sold punch passes.
- Due to the ever changing schedules, we will NOT be printing schedules at this time. Please use the athletic website and Eventlink for the most up to date and accurate scheduling information.
- Face coverings will be required for all spectators who wish to attend any Union City Athletic event, whether indoors or outside.
- For High School volleyball games Main Gym – both sets of bleachers (home fans in the South side (Score table side) and away fans on the North side) will be utilized. Teams will not be changing sides of the court this year.
- For Junior High volleyball games Haviza Court – home team fans will sit in the North end of the bleachers and the away team fans will sit on the South end. Teams will not be changing sides of the court this year.
- For Junior High and High School football games – both sets of bleachers (home fans in the South side press box side and away fans on the North side) will be utilized.
- Bleachers will be marked with red and green tape to indicate which rows fans will be permitted to sit in. Family units can sit together on the same row; all other fans must maintain proper social distancing.
- The IHSAA and County Health Department released a specific number of spectators that are allowed in bleachers. This is the main aspect of the plan we are working through, and will have specific information released once we are finalized to best assist our spectators and student-athletes.