— Trib Preps (@TribPrepsEd) November 18, 2017
(11-19-17) – As the season winds down to more of the SSN National Public HS Football Rankings pick up their first lost of the season.
One thing remains in place again this week, the Wake Forest Cougars are still #1 after beating Millbrook 51-13 in the second round of the NCHSAA playoffs. Next week the Cougars will play Sanderson and move one game closer to winning back-to-back State titles.
The big shake-up came when #2 Cartersville was upset in round two of the Georgia playoffs by Blessed Trinity in the final 12 seconds. That allowed everyone to move up one spot in the Top 10.
Taking over the #2 spot is Bingham who won their 2nd consecutive Utah State title beating Salt Lake City East 27-14
Two new schools entered the Top 10 for the first time, Mission Viejo, who was on the ‘bubble’ the last two weeks moves up to #9 afterbeating Orange Lutheran 48-35.
And FINALLY, Kimberly (Wisc) enters the Top 10, the Papermakers on Friday won their 70th consecutive game and their 5th consecutive State Championships, this one in DI (four in a row) beating Sun Prairie .
SSN National Public HS Football Rankings
Week 13 – 11-19-17
- (1)-Wake Forest (N.C.) (12-0) – beat Millbrook 51-13 – Playoffs up next Sanderson – Playoffs
- (3)-Bingham (UT) (13-0) – beat Salt Lake City East 27-14 – State Title Game, Season Over
- (4)-Sheridan (Wyoming) (12-0) – beat Natrona County 28-14 (playoffs)
- (5)-Duncanville (Tx) (11-0) beat Ellison 62-0, up next Trinity
- (6)-Centennial (Corona, California) (10-1) – beat Murrieta Valley 77-34 – playoffs, up next St. John Bosco – playoffs
- (7)-Archer (Lawrenceville, Ga) (12-0) beat Mill Creek 16-10 (playoffs), up next Colquitt County – playoffs
- (8)-Ben Davis (Indianapolis, Ind) (13-0) beat Avon 57-20 (playoffs), up next Penn (State Final)
- (9)-Lincoln-Way East (Ill) (13-0) – beat Maine South 24-14 (playoffs), up next Loyola Acadmey D 8 State Title
- (NR)-Mission Viejo (Calif) (12-0) – beat Orange Lutheran 48-35 (playoffs) up next Mater Dei (playoffs)
- (NR)-Kimberly (Wisc) (14-0) – beat Sun Prairie 27-7 – State Title Game, Season Over
— Kelly Price (@thekellyprice) November 18, 2017
On the Bubble –
Pine-Richland (Pa) – beat Pittsburgh Central Catholic 42-7 (WPIAL Class 6A final), up next State College (PIAA playoffs)
— Scott Harbaugh (@WPXIScott) November 18, 2017
- (2)-Cartersville (Ga) (11-1) – lost to Blessed Trinity 21-17 (Playoffs) , Season Over
- (10)-Toledo Whitmer (Ohio) (12-0) lost to Olentangy Liberty 34-7 (playoffs), Season Over
TOUCHDOWN Blessed Trinity with 12 seconds left! 20-17 late!! pic.twitter.com/vpIAwnvxgk
— Rusty Mansell (@Mansell247) November 18, 2017