(2-2-18) – Celina’s three-star sport star Kole Murlin has committed to playing football in college at Siena Heights University in Adrian, Michigan. He will join a Saints football program that is relativity a new program having started in 2011.
Murlin, who was a do every thing player for the green and white, had a big Senior season as he was named the WBL Defensive Back of the Year and 2nd team as a tight end on offense. To top off the season he was named to the Ohio D III All-State team on defense.
Murlin also has been a starter for the Bulldog basketball and baseball teams.
Murlin told SSN about why he selected the Saints’ program and how he will be used during his freshman season.
What helped you to make your choice Siena Heights?
As soon as I stepped on campus I knew it was for me. The coaches were so welcoming to me. You could tell they wanted me and they cared about me. I’ve went on other Football visits and it just wasn’t the same feeling. All the players were really cool and it just felt like home to me.
How do they plan to use your talents?
They are wanting me to play linebacker and hopefully I get the chance to play my first year. I’m going to have to work hard and earn it just like anything else in life. They even talked about playing me on some offense in different packages.
Celina Head Coach Brennen Bader talks about Kole’s contribution to the Bulldog program and his future at Siena Heights.
Celina Head Coach Brennen Bader
Kole’s contribution to the Bulldog football program
Kole Murlin was the undisputed leader of the Celina Football Program in 2017. He was unanimously chosen as a team captain by his teammates and coaches. The leadership skills Kole possesses are often unparalleled. On the field Kole Murlin played on both sides of the ball, and he was responsible for the punting and kicking duties. Offensively, Kole lined up at receiver, tight end, running back, and quarterback excelling at every position. Kole was equally talented on Defense, playing middle linebacker. Kole has certainly etched his name into the Celina Football history books this past season as he is now towards the top of numerous statistical categories. Kole’s success on the field did not go unnoticed as he was recognized with; 1st Team All Western Buckeye League, Defensive Player of the Year in the Western Buckeye League, Defensive Player of the Year in the Northwest District, and First Team All Ohio as a Linebacker. Despite all of his on the field success, Kole is even a better person off of the gridiron. Both in school and the community Kole consistently demonstrates integrity, loyalty, empathy, and servitude of others. I am so very proud of Kole and his teammates for the work ethic, and commitment they gave to the Celina Football Program this past season. They were a great bunch of kids that earned their success.
Kole’s future at Siena Heights
Kole will likely find himself playing on the defensive side of the ball, possibly transitioning from middle linebacker to outside linebacker/strong safety. Siena Heights Football is an up and coming program with the potential to be a national threat in the NAIA in years to come. The coaching staff, program, and school are filled with great people that make it a priority to put the student-athlete above all else. I believe that Kole’s undeniable strong work ethic, positive attitude, and leadership skills will get him on the field much sooner rather than later. I have faith that Kole Murlin will experience some of the same successes in college as he had in high school. We will undoubtedly miss Kole’s days as a Bulldog, but we look forward to his bright future as a Siena Height University Saint!! It was an honor to be his coach, and we are all so proud of him! Good luck Kole!
- Murlin Named WBL Defensive Back Of The Year
- Celina’s Kole Murlin Named To The D III All-State First Team
Courtesy Coach Bader for information below-
Kole Murlin #10
- Tight End
- Position: Tight End
- Height: 6’1’’
- Weight: 205 LBS
- Grade: 12
- GPA: 3.0
- Catches: 34 Yards: 484 yds TD:6
- Receiving Avg: 14.2 yds a catch
- Rushes: 67 att Yards gained: 493 yds TD: 13
- Avg yds per carry: 7.4 yds Total TD: 19 All-purpose yards: 1,006 yds
- Kenton 133 Total yards – 10 carries for 71 yards and 3 TD’s / 4 receptions for 63 yards
- Elida 194 Total yards – 13 carries for 145 yards and 3 TD’s / 4 receptions for 49 yards
- Bath 111 Total yards – 9 carries for 90 yards and 3 TD’s / 1 reception for 21 yards
- Defiance 102 Total yards – 5 Receptions for 98 yards and 1 TD
- Wapak 8 carries for 49 yards / 1 for 1 Passing for 16 yards and 1 TD
- St Marys 7 Receptions for 57 yards and 1 TD
- Van Wert 202 Total yards & 5 Total TD’s – 3 carries for 27 yards and 1 TD / 8 receptions for 175 yards and 4 TDs (tie CHS record)
- Shawnee 68 Total yards – 9 carries for 54 yards and 2 TD / 2 receptions for 14 yards / 1 for 1 Passing for 6 yards
- 169 points in season (2nd in CHS history)
Athlete Information: (Team Captain)
- 3 sport athlete
- 3 year starter playing both ways
- Best football player and all-around athlete
- Kole plays every position on the field and is unanimously our best player
- Great character and leadership displayed on and off the field
Siena Heights University FACTS
- Mascot: Saints
- National Affiliation: NAIA
- Football Conference: Mid-States Football Association
- Located: Adrian, Michigan