The expression “the elephant in the room” is a metaphoricalidiom in English for an important or enormous topic, question, or controversial issue that is obvious or that everyone knows about but no one mentions or wants to discuss because it makes at least some of them uncomfortable and is personally, socially, or politically embarrassing, controversial, inflammatory, or dangerous.
(7-6-22) Like any other state association the Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) is facing transfers at record numbers this past year. 816 more transfers were approved full eligibility as compared to the same time period from the previous year. 93.1% were approved, while 213 were given limited eligibility (6.%) and only 31 (0.09%) were ineligible to compete.
- Indiana HS Basketball Coach Asks IHSAA ‘to partner with us to clean up our game and protect its future’
- Transfers – “The only winning move is not to play the game”
- Illinois’ Boys High School Basketball 2022 Transfer Portal Is Quite Active, Yorkville Christian Has 8 Leaving Program
- Ohio’s High School Transfer Portal Is Now Open
- Arcanum QB Bryce Schondelmyer Transfers To Springfield
Foreign exchange student total transfers were up from 170 to 707 cases, with 675 given full eligibility (95.47%)
Report from the IHSAA Executive Committee, Thursday, June 23, 2022, Swan Lake Resort – Plymouth, Indiana
Last August saw 1,191 transfers take place, by far the most in the past 12 months.
This executive meeting also approved the following change in transfer rules-
No body wants to talk about it…and no one seems to care about them..the high school transfer portal is in full swing in many states. The more by-laws are used to curb the transfers the more those who want to find a way around it and usually do.