(3-13-17) The Biosteel All Canadian All Star Basketball game announced the selection of Canada’s 24 top high school basketball players who will be playing Monday, April 10 (7:30 p.m. ET) at the University of Toronto’s Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport. The game will air live on TSN. The players were announced tonight on the NBA ON TSN halftime show at the Toronto Raptors game with the Dallas Mavericks.
Of the 24 players on the roster 16 come from Ontario, 4 from Quebec, 2 from Manitoba and 1 from British Columbia.
Canadian players who are playing at US High Schools who will be playing include:
- Emmanuel Akot (Wasatch Academy)
- Josip Vranikc (Wasatch Academy)
- Nickell Alexander-Walker (Hamilton Heights Christian Academy)
- Andrew Nembhard (Montverde Academy)
- Grant Shepherd (Montverde Academy)
- Marcus Carr (Montverde Academy)
- Simisola Shittu (Vermont Academy)
- Christian David (Vermont Academy)
- Jerome Desrosiers (Northfield Mount Herman)
- Luguentz Dort (The Conrad Academy)
- Abu Kigab (Prolific Prep)
- Jaelin Liewellyn (Virginia Epsicopal)
- Anthony Longpre (Glenig County School)
Several players were selected to play but will miss the game due to various reasons, Junior Farquhar of Côte-St-Luc, Quebec, unable to play due to injury, Shai Alexander of Hamilton, Ontario, Lindell Wigginton of North Preston, Nova Scotia and RJ Barrett of Mississauga, Ontarip, but due to schedule conflicts or academic obligations can not attend.