It’s been an awesome 4 years with these guys. Wouldnt trade my brothers for anything. Love you all and our friendships will last a lifetime pic.twitter.com/4GUJROxBRM
— Tanner Sparks (@tannerjaysparks) April 26, 2017
(#1 Shawnee Senior players)
(5-1-17) Shawnee continues to hold the #1 spot in the SSN National Public High School Baseball rankings. The Wolves finished the regular season at 34-0 and have a firm grip on the top spot.
Several changes from #2 on down, moving up to #2 from #4 is North Gwinnett, having one of the best seasons in school history. #3 sees Huntington Beach jump three spots from #6. Spring Hill and Clovis Buchanan both drop from #2 and #3 to #4 and #5 respectively.
Dropping out of the rankings completely was last week’s #5 Colleyville Heritage, they lost two out of three to Grapevine in the 5A region seeding play-offs.
Mother Nature had a hand in #10’s Massillon Jackson first loss of the season, Jackson ranked No. 1 in Ohio’s Division I coaches poll, had runners on second and third with no outs in the bottom of the sixth against Tallmadge when the game was called and Jackson down 7-4. Because five innings had been finished, the game was considered a complete game. Jackson hadn’t lost a regular season game since the 2015 season, a streak of 43 wins in a row.
— Paul Meadors (@paulmeadors) April 29, 2017
SSN National Public High School Baseball Rankings
- – (1) Shawnee (Okla.), 34-0
- – (4) North Gwinnett (Suwanee, Ga.) 30-2
- – (6) Huntington Beach (Calif.), 22-3
- – (2) Spring Hill (Tenn) 30-1 lost to Christ Presbyterian Academy (16-6) (Nashville, TN) 7 – 3
- – (3) Buchanan (Clovis, Calif.), 23-2 lost 2-1 Clovis West
- – (7) La Cueva (NM) 21-1 – has won 21 in a row after season opening game loss
- – (8) Owasso (Okla) 27-2 –
- – (9) Rancho Bernardo (San Diego, CA) 22-2
- – (10) Decatur (Alabama) 32-3
- – (11) Massillon Jackson (Ohio) 17-1 lost 7-4 to Tallmadge in a game shortened to five innings because of rain
– (5) Colleyville Heritage (Tx) 29-3-1 lost twice ot Grapevine in Region play-offs
— Matt Martinez (@MCTinez817) April 29, 2017
- Baseball: Egg Harbor Twp’s (NJ) Jordan Sweeney Named SSN National Player of the Week
- ‘You’re FIRED!’ Not Effectively Communicating With Millennials
- What do you think? Does this end a game hitting streak?