(3-11-22) Homestead’s (6-3 forward) Ayanna Patterson has been named the 2021-22 Indiana Miss Basketball.
Patterson, a University of Connecticut commit, led Homestead during her 4-year career to a sectional title each year, finishing 94-14. She averaged 25.4 points and 12 rebounds as a senior, finishing with 2,586 points.
Patterson is a four-time first-team all-Summit Athletic Conference member, a three-time IBCA Underclass Supreme 15 selection, a 2022 IBCA Senior Supreme 15 choice, a 2022 first-team Naismith All-American and a 2022 McDonald’s All-American (and will compete in the game).
The online voting count of media and girls’ varsity coaches conducted by the Indiana Basketball Coaches Association and All-Star game director Mike Broughton –
- Patterson named on 115 ballots
- Jessica Carrothers of Crown Point was runner-up with 42 votes
- Mila Reynolds of South Bend Washington placed third with 15 vote
- Alyssa Crockett of Westfield was fourth with 10 votes.
- 16 players received at least one Miss Basketball vote
Patterson is the third Homestead player to wear the Indiana All-Stars’ No. 1 jersey…she joins Karissa McLaughlin and the Spartans’ Caleb Swanigan, who was voted Mr. Basketball in 2015.