(3-15-22) The Wisconsin Interscholastic Association (WIAA) sent a letter to all member schools yesterday.
The letter from the executive director Stephanie Hauser backs the officials decision at a recent boys basketball tournament game and infers that the WIAA was undermined by the court ruling.
The letter is in response to a court injunction when a suspension was handed down by the WIAA after an altercation broke out between St. Thomas More High School and Fuller Collegiate Academy toward the end of their Regional tournament game.
Judge Hannah Dugan ordered the rest of the games, that had been impacted by that match-up, to be put on hold and reinstated St. Thomas More.
The letter comes just days before the State Finals, which St. Thomas More will participate in D3.
Thursday, March 17 – Division 3
#1 West Salem (26-1) vs. #4 Brillion (26-2) – 1:35 p.m.
#2 Lake Country Lutheran (26-2) vs. #3 St. Thomas More (25-3)*
Third-seeded St. Thomas More will be experiencing the State Tournament for the first time after defeating Big Foot 69-61 in the sectional final played at Whitewater. They are the 2022 champions of the Metro Classic Conference. Prior to joining the WIAA, the Cavaliers won a Class A championship in 1988 and finished runner-up in 1980 and 1994 while a member of WISAA.
- Tennessee Tournament Game To Resume After Fight…You Won’t Believe How It Will Be Played
- Northeast District Athletic Board Rules On Fight Suspended Tournament Game, Buchtel Advances
- Akron Teams Fight In DII District Contest… Ends With A Suspended Game
- OHSAA’s Ruling In Question Over Boys Basketball Incident, Leads To Sad Ending For Senior Player
- Fort Wayne Basket’brawl’ Mars Northrop-North Side Game