(5-2-23) One less Native American high school mascot will not be around Indiana in the upcoming fall… after South Bend St. Joseph announced they would be retiring ‘Indians’ as the school’s mascot.
Over the past several years this topic this has been a hot subject…that eventually led to the NFL Washington ‘Redskins’ and Major League Baseball’s Cleveland Indians both changing their long-time mascots.
With the decision made to retire Indians at the end of the school year.St. Joseph fall sports will go without an official mascot School administrators have decided to work on naming a new mascot during the fall semster.
- Could Stateline Schools Be Facing Mascot Changes?
- Wapakoneta Says No Thank You To Mascot Change
- Why The Uproar About The ‘Redskins’ Mascot?
- Change the Name – Demand Wapakoneta Schools to Change Mascot
- Anderson HS Eliminates ‘Redskins’ Mascot
- Hononegah Students Battle Over Mascot Change
The process to identify a new mascot will launch in August. To learn more about the school’s ecision and next steps, you can visit: