www.MovementHoops.com – Two of Wisconsins top ranked teams went head to head at Mark Millers WBY Shootout. Oshkosh North was able to pull out the win led by Iowa State recruit Tyrese Haliburton who finished with 18 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists.
(12-31-17) To start the new year in the SSN National Public HS Boys Basketball Rankings we have a new #1 team. The SSN #1 team since the start of the season, Clarkston, was upset by East English Village Prep 80-71. The Wolves are still hoping to have Michigan State commit Thomas Kithier eligible by mid-January after an upcoming court hearing, it’s been a strange start of the season for Clarkson. The Wolves drop completely out of the Top 10, but the addition of Kithier could bring them back into consideration very soon.
The new #1 team is Seattle Garfield, coached by former NBA star Brandon Roy. Roy moved over to his alma mater, after a very successful season at Nathan Hale and a national top 10 finish. Garfield picked up a championship this week at the Rancho Mirage Holiday Invitational.
Former #2 Denton Guyer, who had been on a hot-spell, lost to Waxahachie (Waxahachie, TX) 68-66. Guyer remains at #10 with an impressive 22-1 record.
— Sonny Johnson (@sonnyjohnson32) December 29, 2017
With the shake-up at the top, Shadow Mountain, Rock Canyon, Garfield Heights, Iowa City West, Memphis East and Oshkosh North all move up two spots. Warren Central moves up from #10 after winning the Noblesville Holiday Tournament.
Noblesville Holiday Tournament
Champions: Warren Central Warriors
MVP: Jesse Bingham (Warren Central)
All-Tournament Team: Ryan Barnes (Noblesville), David Bell (Warren Central), Steve Miller (Pike), Jake Wadding (Chesterton), Xavier White (Broad Ripple) – Not Pictured. pic.twitter.com/6DhU46cx8W
— Noblesville Millers (@MillerNationAD) December 29, 2017
Taking Clarkston’s place in the top 10 is undefeated South Bend Riley, the #1 ranked AP team in Indiana skips over another Indiana school Warren Central and is entered at #8.
SSN National Public HS Boys Basketball Rankings – Week 4 – 1-1-18
- (3) Garfield (Seattle, WA) (8-0) won Rancho Mirage Holiday Invitational
- (4) Shadow Mountain (Phoenix, Az)(12-0)
- (5) Rock Canyon (Colo) (9-0)
- (6) Garfield Heights (Ohio) (8-0)
- (7) Iowa City West (Iowa) (7-0)
- (8) Memphis East (Memphis, TN) (11-1)
- (9) Oshkosh North (Wis) (10-0)
- (NR) South Bend Riley (Ind) (9-0)
- (10) Warren Central (Ind) (8-0) – wins the Noblesville Holiday Tournament
- (2) Denton Guyer (Tx) (22-1) lost to Waxahachie (TX) 68-66
Dropped out –
(1) Clarkston (MI) (6-1) lost to East English Village Prep (Detroit) 80-71