(10-20-17) – The Roughriders Philanthropic Association (RPA) is in the process of raising $3 million in hopes of the new stadium project be planned. According to their website they have already raised 30% of their goal (approximately $900,000). They need to raise the entire amount needed by August 28th, 2018.
The FAQs section on the site answers various questions that have been asked by community members. Including answering how will the entire project will be funded.
How is the Roughrider Athletic Complex project being funded?
The Roughrider Athletic Complex is being funded with private donations and pledges. These donations and pledges are being solicited from private individuals and corporations.
The Roughrider Philanthropic Association is aware of a reported proposal between the City of St. Marys and the St. Marys City School System for the City to provide cash and lighting to be used towards the Roughrider Athletic Complex in exchange for land where the current football stadium is located. While the Roughrider Philanthropic Association is a private organization, we welcome the support and cooperation from the City of St. Marys and St. Marys City School System.
The Roughrider Philanthropic Association believes that private funding is a preferred method for fundraising and will not support any proposal for a public levy or similar ballot issue asking for contribution from public tax payers.
Features of the new stadium:
- 3,500+ Capacity Stadium [home + Away]
- Artificial Turf Field [Already in Place.]
- 10 Lane Track [Already in Place.]
- Band Storage Building Near Home Stands.
- Home + Away Locker Room Facilities.
- New Concessions with hot and cold food capabilities.
- Varsity Retail store near concessions for roughrider merchandise & gear.
- Skip Baughman memorial at entrance.
- Home + Visitor restrooms per code.
- New walking path from the high school to the stadium for marching band.
- Announcer’s booth with video capability.
- State-of-the-art scoreboard with opportunity for advertising.
- Parking lots flanking stadium with combined capacity total of 650+ spots.
- Concrete stadium plaza adjacent to tunnel entry.
- [future] – fieldhouse for lockers, training, coaches, offices & storage.
The Roughriders Philanthropic Association is a dedicated fund of the St. Marys Community Foundation, a 509 (A) not-for-profit organization as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service.
Van Wert is also in the process of selecting an option for the future of their football stadium, one included relocating to the new high school, very similar to the situation taking place in St. Marys.
Other stadiums getting a make-over around the Stateline-
- Van Wert Considers The Future of Eggerss Stadium
- Greenville BOE Approves Field Turf For Football Field
- Coldwater Considering Field Turf For Cavalier Stadium
- Parkway Looking At Football Field Options
- Roughriders Considering New Football Facility For The Future